Tuesday 19 April 2011

9 working days to go

I am really starting to wind things up at work now but still feel like I have so much to do and so little time. I went for a run on the weekend to try and clear my head, today we have fitness squad - it is mid term break but our trainer runs one session a week to keep us going.  I normally try and motivate myself to go for at least one run each day whilst we are on our break but because of the extra things I need to do at work I have been heading in early.

We did a bit of shopping on the weekend and crossed some things off the list.  This weekend is Easter and we are super lucky this year to have a 5 day weekend because ANZAC day is right on the back of Easter - yay!
It will be good to have a bit of a break from work and do a bit of sorting things out - might try and get the cameras organised, make sure the battery's are charged etc and I think I will put some music on my iPhone.

One of the things I am most looking forward to whilst we are away is not watching the news, it will be so nice to turn on a TV and not understand the language, not to mention not seeing Australian politicians on  the screen.  It will be great to get away from reality for a while and despite travelling to see exciting new places, for me one of the best parts is just that, being able to get away from the mundane, escape the everyday routine and not be informed, just live like the world is a truly happy place!

2 comments:

  1. Is there anything you are in a quandary about packing or leaving behind MM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really worried about leaving anything behind. We will spend this weekend sorting through all our stuff like cameras, travel guides etc. I might do another pre-pack.
    Stay tuned for my next exciting blog entry when I update you on the weight of my backpack!!

    ReplyDelete